Press "Enter" to skip to content

In A Window: A Puzzle Platformer That Makes You Think Outside The Box

In A Window by Picardy Third EntertainmentPuzzle platformers are pretty much a dime a dozen these days. This is a fact that Picardy Third Entertainment recognizes with the subtitle to their great little puzzle platformer In A Window: Just Another Insignificant Puzzle Platformer.

The game has a simple premise, get the robot to the red button and back to the door. However, things aren’t really that easy. That is where the games clever puzzles come in.

There are a variety of puzzles in the game ranging from simple jumping over obstacles to dodging robots. However, the puzzles are designed in such a way that players are often required to think outside the box, sometimes literally.

In A Window GameplayBecause of this, you are often left wondering if you have missed something. You will spend a lot of time experimenting with a lot of what you learned in previous levels often with little success. While the little robot you control will give hints from time to time, you cannot always rely on a hint being given to you right away.

Overall, I had a lot of fun experimenting and struggling to find the solutions to the game’s 21 levels. For some, the answers came quickly, for others, I spent many lives and a lot of time trying to figure them out. Overall, I killed the poor robot 72 times by the end.

Overall, you shouldn’t spend more than 30 minutes to an hour playing the game to completion. But boy is it satisfying. These are the kinds of fun and quirky style of games that really make me enjoy gaming. I look forward to seeing what else Picardy Third has coming down the pipeline.

So if you are interested, the game is free to play with a pay what you want option for it. I highly recommend paying a few dollars for the game just to support this kind of creativity.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *