Press "Enter" to skip to content

The Hunted Coming To Mobile Devices Soon

The Hunted by F5 Games

F5 Games has been a very busy studio of late. They recently released the Ouya version of their haunted house game House of the Lost. Now they are putting the finishing touches on their latest game, The Hunted.

The Hunted is a top down dual stick shooter for mobile devices. It is about a groups of nine warriors forced to compete in death matches for all eternity. And these guys are pleased with the results so far.

Work on the Hunted began more than a year ago when we challenged ourselves to make multiplayer a shooter work on a touchscreen device. My goal has been to recapture the awesome deathmatch experiences I had with my friends playing Quake, waaay back in the day, and bring it to a new platform and a whole new generation of players. With The Hunted, I think we’ve done it.

The Hunted GameplayThey also feel that they have solved some of the issues that plague similar games on mobile devices.

The biggest challenge to overcome was obviously the controls. While there are plenty of multiplayer first-person shooters on iOS none of them really control all that well, and it really compromises the experience. A game type that does control really well on touch screens is the top-down ‘dual-stick’ shooter. The only problem with top-down shooters is that you have a perfect view of the battlefield. No one can sneak up behind you and take you out with a melee attack, or duck behind a wall and make you wonder where they are going to pop up next. We knew that if we really wanted to deliver an awesome deathmatch experience we were going to have to find a way to make you feel like you were still a character in that world looking down the barrel of your gun.

Based on the screen shots and the trailer, below, they look like they may have a hit on their hands. I really can’t wait to give it a play. We will certainly keep an eye on development of this game and will review it as soon as it is available.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *