Due to some unexpected bugs, Impulse has delayed its alpha and Kickstarter until November. They explain the details in a post on their Facebook Group:
We’re officially postponing the alpha to November 14 (3 weeks from now).
Here’s the short version of what happened: We put a lot of features on our plate, and while we did get them developed, we didn’t plan enough time to account for bugs and problems. Moving forward, we are going to allot more time to testing and stability, which is why we are delaying by 3 weeks. I’ll be sending an email soon to everyone about this.
EDIT: Our Kickstarter and Greenlight campaigns are also postponed to Nov 16. We hope you continue to support us as we move forward with this project.
Our original report on the alpha and Kickstarter is below.